Serve at a site of civic change.
The International Civil Rights Center & Museum provides unique and engaging experiences for volunteers on a year-round basis. Additional opportunities are available during the Museum's signature events.
As a way of thanks, all volunteers receive these benefits:
- A complimentary one-year individual membership to the Museum (requires volunteering for a minimum of twelve  hours).
- Invitations to special events for Museum members and volunteer.
- Potential for recognition in programs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Pass a background check.
- Attend at least one volunteer orientation program.
*Some roles will require activities including, but not limited to: lifting items in excess of twenty-five (25) lbs.; standing and walking for extended periods of time; operating outdoors in warm or cool conditions; interacting with the public; and assisting with educational programming.
**Please note that acceptance into volunteer opportunities are not a guarantee or explicit consideration of paid employment with the International Civil Rights Center & Museum.
General Volunteer Opportunities
Check below for current volunteer and engagement opportunities.
Exhibit Research & Design
Events & Programs
Facilitators; crowd monitors.
Simkins Fundraising Golf Classic
Pairing Party - July 24, 2021
6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Tournament - July 26, 2021
7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Mobile refreshments; beverage stations; check-in assistance; distribution of products (gift bags) and packaging
2022 Civil Rights Gala
February 5, 2022
6 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Tentative)